Sometimes I'm so delusional.
Just today I was thinking about how I might just get rid of my cell phone in a couple of weeks when I leave for South America because my contract is up this month and "I hardly ever use it," I told myself. 'There's really not much point of that 50 dollar phone bill every month when I don't really even talk on the phone very much,' I thought.
A few hours later I got online and noticed that my cell phone bill was about 20 dollars more than normal. What the what the? So I logged on to T-Mobile to look at my bill, thinking that they had accidentally charged me some crazy fee for making calls from the Dominican Republic that I didn't make (as has happened before when I've traveled).
But no, my cell phone bill was higher because I, personally, used 1037 daytime minutes in my last pay period...and during that pay period I was out of the country for a week and didn't use my phone.
How in the world did I talk for over 1000 minutes...not to mention my night and weekend minutes? Who was I talking to? What was I talking about? I guess getting rid of my cell phone might not be the best idea right now...or, maybe I should. Maybe I have a problem...


11 comments:
Dear Miss Gabby,
You better keep the phone. I think you would go into withdrawal without it. We all would. We're all addicted.
I'm pretty sure you were talking to my roommate about one of either Brazil or Bolivia. Kate just informed me that today alone you spoke for over an hour. At least I get my token "Hello" and regular disappointing reminder that I can't go. :)
No kidding. Cell phones are way too convenient, but at this point, a necessity!
Dang! I hate getting overcharges. I always hold my breath as I open up my Verizon bill...you just never know.
Get rid of it, and you'll know exactly how much you use it! However, I bet you could live without it.
Don't do it! I would feel much better knowing I could get a hold of you when I have an emergency need to get out of the house!!! And I think people who don't have a cell phone are weird...
Just me again... When do we get to hear about the Dominican Republic??? I can't wait to hear all your adventures...
The same thing has happened to me TWICE in the past 3 months. . .(whereas Roland never uses more than like 200 minutes of his 1000 minute plan). And the thing is, it really doesn't seem like I use it that much either. . .I totally know how you feel!
Hey, totally unrelated comment. Aaron and I are trying to move our family to Idaho Falls. We have been trying for over a year, so it isn't really imminent. I was wondering, though. Is anyone building houses through Batt construction? Is your dad planning on building again when they get home? I really want to build a house if we get to move up and your dad does such a good job. Anyway, I didn't want to bother your parents with the question, so I thought I would ask you.
Russell has built a few since my dad left. He's a perfectionist so he does a good job. I'll ask him if he's planning on building any more.
I'm not sure yet if my dad plans to build or not when he gets home, but between my brothers and the Marshall boys I'm sure there will be someone who can build your house.
I'm just glad your delusions didn't include looking like that sexy lady -- no, excuse me, sexy girl -- pictured at top.
Post a Comment