Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas, etc.


Yay, they (and we) made it...half way.  One and a half years down, one and a half years to go.  It seems like FOREVER but I hope it will go fast.  Way to go mom and dad!  I'll let them tell you what they did to celebrate.  


I hope the 1330 pounds (yes, I've been keeping track) of stuff I've sent them in the past year and a half has helped them cope and get through the time.  They do seem a little more able to deal with the stresses of mission life when they have some American candy in the house.  American candy is the best!  And it their defense about the 1330 pounds, some of it (maybe a quarter of it) was for the missionaries, and not ALL of it was food.    


And maybe by the time they get home I'll be all tough from carrying suitcases in and out of my house, in and out of my car, to UPS, to the airport, and to the houses of people traveling to Brazil.  No wonder my back and shoulder hurt!  


And speaking of hauling around 50 pound suitcases everywhere I go, Lee gave me a luggage scale for Christmas which is going to be a life saver for me and anyone who has to drive me to the airport.  Apparently, according to my brothers, I'm a pain to take to the airport because I never know how much my bags weigh and am always adding stuff at the airport to get them right to 50 pounds.  So, now I should be a little less annoying at the airport.  


I got a lot of great stuff, like this, for Christmas.  I'll never be lonely again.  Thank you Kim.   And thank you to everyone else for the great gifts and money.  I love gifts and money.  Unfortunately though I didn't receive a leopard print Snuggie.  I guess I'll have to buy that one for myself.  


My brothers and Kim and I had a great Christmas all together in Idaho.  For some reason I didn't even take one picture.  Sad.  My mom and dad gave us a wii for Christmas so we spent half our time playing the wii and pretty much the other half of the time eating (lest we actually get fit playing wii fit).  Thanks to some great extended family we had invites for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve.  Thanks to everyone for thinking of us orphans during this difficult holiday season.  We really appreciate being included and thought of.   


Anyway, that's my Christmas post.  It's not that exciting but now maybe my MOM will be satisfied. 



5 comments:

Battfam said...

Thanks for the Christmas post. I can't believe you didn't take any pictures though. That just isn't like you.
Good idea to post the chart. At least you'll have half of the stickers on before the day we come home.
I can't believe we've had over a half a ton of stuff sent down here. It sort of makes me feel like a pig.

Lucy said...

We didn't take ANY Christmas pix, either. No reason, just forgot.
Hope you find the leopard print snuggie. Actually, you should be able to find one really cheap. I saw a stack almost to the ceiling at Freddy's.

Christa said...

I remember when Kim told me she bought that. Exciting!

Cassie said...

Sounds like a great Christmas at the Batt house. I think everyone I know got wii fit this year. I just noitced today that my kids made a mii for our cat. She looks pretty cute on there.
I do have to say that I'm sad that I can't get your take on the snuggie. I hope you treat yourself to one. Maybe it can be one of those non-food rewards for working out on the wii for six days in a row or somthing.

Audrey said...

Glad we were lucky enough to get to share some quality time with you guys this Christmas! Lets do it again next year... only this time, lets not play curses! Lets play something that you and I aren't so good at to make it fair for the others! :)
Oh and ps... can you write my chrismas post? for some reason i can not get it done!! maken me nutts!