Friday, January 1, 2010

Year-End Summary 2009



Year-End Summary for 2009

alcohol units consumed: 0 (excellent)
cigarettes: 0 (v.g.)
pounds lost: 10 (good)
pounds gained: 20 (n.g.)
new countries visited: 8 (not bad)
jobs quit: 1 (yay!)
degrees obtained: 1 (excellent)
times moved: 4 (not fun)
blog posts: 79 (v.g.)
weeks spent on foreign soil: 11 (not too shabby)


January: Spent the first part of the month in Brazil, flew back to Utah, moved out of my apartment and into my car, stayed in hotels and with my friend Rachel until it was time to go to Belize, and then moved into my new apartment upon returning...it wasn't a fun month...even with the trips to Brazil and Belize.

February:  Worked like crazy at the first part of the month, quit my job after much turmoil, stress and pain, and went on Belize trip number two.

March: School, blah.

April: School, blah.

May: Moved back to Idaho, spent the month at my grandma's house, was sick most of the month with some weird upper respiratory disease obtained while SCUBA certifying at the Aquatic Center, thought my ear would explode when I flew to Africa due to weird disease, ear didn't explode.

June:  Spent the whole month plus some in Africa (Ghana, South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Botswana, and Zimbabwe) and loved pretty much every minute of the trip, fulfilled life-long dreams of SCUBA diving and Bungee Jumping, didn't want the trip to end.

July:  Got back from Africa, found out I was going to be an aunt (yay!), four days later flew to Brazil to surprise my mom for her birthday, spent the rest of the month in Brazil with my parents, stressed over turning 30 for pretty much the whole month.

August: The arrival of the dreaded 30th birthday...it really was as bad (or worse) than I thought, spontaneous road trip of Idaho, Oregon, California, and Washington with Grandma Fern, and moved back to Utah for school.

September:  School, blah. 

October: Lots of school, and a somewhat last-minute trip to Panama.

November: School, blah.

December: Passed Biostatistics, finished grad school, moved back to Idaho, Christmas, yay!

Overall 2009 was not my favorite year of life, but I didn't die or get any major diseases so I can't complain.  And...I did get to travel some, finally got up the courage to quit a job I came to despise, and found out that in early 2010 I'd be a first time aunt.  So, really, not too bad. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!



3 comments:

Battfam said...

I'm leaving a comment in hopes of being the 1st of "Good Christian People" to comment and also to wish you a Happier New Year than last one. Sorry 2009 was a little tough, but hey, it's a new decade and it's gonna be great!

kiddle97 said...

I'm all about quitting despicable jobs. Yay you.

I'm out of clever things to say, so I'll end now. That is, if I ever had clever things to say. If not, I guess I could keep rambling. ;) Happy new year.

Christa said...

Good year. I will again copy your blog post. But I will put details of my own life. Not yours. That would be weird.