Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Seriously, what is wrong with America?

Hey everybody...I'm back! After a wonderful five weeks in Africa I'm returning to the world of blogging. And may I just say that Africa needs some MAJOR help when it comes to Internet availability, consistency, and speed. Forget helping slow the spread of AIDS, feeding the malnourished, and peace in Darfur. Africa needs help with Internet! Maybe that can be my calling in life...bringing Internet to all those potential African bloggers who just lack the opportunities that we have when it comes to expressing ourselves via blogging. Anyway, stay tuned for TONS of posts and pictures about Africa. I'll get to it soon. I just got home the night of July 3rd and between celebrating the 4th of July with my family in Idaho, doing laundry, getting my hair cut, and catching up on sleep I haven't yet gotten to blogging until now. And may I just say as a side note that I LOVE IDAHO. It is just such a beautiful and green summer this year. I love the cool evenings, the beautiful sunsets and seeing the fields and fields of crops...not to mention spending time with family and eating super good home cooking. ANYWAY, even though I'm not blogging yet about Africa I do just have to mention something that I observed the other day in the airport. The announcement that people should "Please refrain from smoking or CARRYING LIGHTED CIGARETTES in the airport terminal." I've probably heard that announcement a million times but for some reason it was just so much more funny this time. Maybe it was the lack of sleep on my 40+ hour journey home from Africa or something but I thought to myself, 'SERIOUSLY...do we really have to ask people not to carry lighted cigarettes? What's wrong with America?' I can see somebody though getting busted for smoking and saying, "but security officer I was just carrying a cigarette...I wasn't smoking it." "You and Bill Clinton buddy, you and Bill Clinton," I'd say back. Anyway, stay tuned for some major blogging in the next few days/weeks...

9 comments:

Battfam said...

I've never heard that announcement in the airport before. Maybe they added it lately for the very reason you described. Looking forward to hearing about Africa. Blog on, Becca.

Cassie said...

Welcome home.

Christa said...

I'm glad you made it back for probably the 3rd best holiday of the year....right after Christmas and my birthday of course.

Chris and Cindy said...

I'm glad you're baaaack! Welcome Home to Good ol' Idaho! :)

the hawker's said...

i've got a confession.
i am one of those blog leeches that likes to read your blog.
this is alex (geri's husband's cousin)...anyway, thanks for the fun reads.

Becca's Blog said...

I'm glad you finally came clean Alex. Maggie told me about you awhile ago and I knew eventually that you'd move from blog leech to blog fan. Welcome welcome.

Lucy said...

Glad you made it back!!

Kim and Rol said...

I'm glad you're back. . .I remember the horrible internet connection in Ghana when Roland was there. . .phones were bad too! I can't wait to see all your pics! I wish we were in Idaho too!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.