Praia do Futuro is one of my favorite swimming beaches in the world because there is virtually no animal life there so you can swim shark and stinky fish smell free. It is great. Plus, it is only a few minutes from my parents' house. It's not the most picturesque beach in their mission but it is still one of our favorites.
My mom and I went a couple of times so we could work on our tans/patchy sunburns and our bodyboarding skills. It is a great beach for bodyboarding, surfing, kite surfing, wind surfing, etc.
Here's the beach...

Here's the beach looking in the other direction...

Here's a picture I took of my mom bodyboarding...
And here's a picture my mom took of me bodyboarding...

If you look closely you can see my hand in the upper left hand corner. In my mom's defense though it was my camera she was taking the picture with so she might not have been too familiar with how to run it. And, I'm secretly glad that she missed me in the picture because I'm not nearly as cute while bodyboarding as my mom is.
Oh, and my mom isn't a horrible missionary...she, unlike the younger missionaries, is allowed to go swimming. Lucky.
7 comments:
That is a really pretty beach!! I used to LOVE to body board... of course I haven't had the chance to do it since I was 15... Maybe I need to come and visit Brazil!!
I didn't know that you guys were surfers.... That's what I like to call it. Sounds very cool.
Looks good to me today on a rather sweaty day. But, not as sweaty as Jenny & Mike. Mom says they are having 103^ weather and no air conditioning anywhere in the city, except their car. :(
Sorry I missed you in the picture. I remember when we used to tease Gma about her skills as a photographer. I guess I am her daughter. I sure had fun at the beach. We need to do it again and then I'll use my camera and hopefully get a better shot of you. Viva la praia!
Oh, that's so cool that you guys went body surfing together. Way to live it up in Brazil!
i'd sure like to hit up a beach in brazil right now. hey aunt mil, can i come over?
p.s. i think aunt millie should definitely be the photographer in the fam. love the emotion she captured in her shot of you on the body board. talent.
Geri, that hurt. That really hurt.
Ok, I'm totally behind, but I just wanted to say this was a stupendously awesome post. I love the bit of your hand in the left corner. It's beautiful.
Post a Comment