Saturday, July 25, 2009

I haven't been blogging lately because...

1. I'm kind of feeling lazy. 2. I haven't felt like blogging. 3. I've been working on piecing this (see picture below) piecer of a quilt. Now it is pieced and I can live in peace. One of my great-grandpas or somebody used to say, "I just don't understand why women take perfectly good pieces of fabric, cut them all up, and then sew them back together." I'm with you grandpa (or whoever said that), I'm with you. Piecing quilts is a pain. It might be a few years before I tackle another quilting project, if ever. Besides, who will want my quilts when I'm dead and gone anyway? They'll probably just end up at DI. Sad. The end.

12 comments:

Kim-may said...

whatev. that is beautiful! good job!

Bobbi said...

Hey-at least you pieced one. I don't even own a sewing machine. My mom is embarrased about that. By the way...I looked at the Ghana photos on facebook. Those are amazing pictures! I hope you had a great time in Brazil.

Battfam said...

Don't give up on piecing. You just have to learn to be a little less of a perfectionist--not so much that you do a bad job--just enough so you don't drive yourself crazy. It might not have been such a job if I hadn't been so out of practice piecing quilts. Sorry about all the bad advice I gave you. I'm glad you brought plenty of material. It turned out great. Now all you have to do is quilt it. Good luck with that!

Lucy said...

Your quilt looks awesome. It's just so fulfilling to see what you've created when you're all done. Very good.
Hope you're having a nice time. It's been hotter than Haiti here!
(I'm still sweating after a day at the bazaar....in the freight room....Sylvia did hook me up with a pretty decent fan, though.
(Anybody in our family would love to have your quilts when you don't want them anymore. Don't give them to DI please....Geri may find it though, cause she's pretty good at going to DI)

Mike & Jenny Thornton said...

I love the quilt. Please don't give up on piecing. I love piecing quilts. I want you to try just one stack and whack before you throw in the rotary cutter.

Becca's Blog said...

What is stack and whack? Sounds interesting.

Oh, don't worry, I'm not going to give up on quilting. This was just an extra frustrating one because we adjusted the original pattern...it was meant to be a lap quilt...so it was kind of a pain figuring out all the dimensions.

Mardi said...

Make sure I get to see the quilts before they go to D.I. - I might be interested in keeping them. :) I haven't done the stack and whack yet, but I will one of these days.

Curtis and Crystal said...

I think it looks great!! Too bad g-ma wasn't around she would of loved to quilt with you and she would of had it done in no time. Oh by the way why did you delete me from you blog list?????? Is it because we went private? :)

Curtis and Crystal said...

Oh I just noticed you put me under Paranoid people. That is probably a good place for me. HA HA I think Curtis would agree with you.

Jen said...

becca,

your quilt looks great! and...... i'm coming out of the leech closet. (a little late, i know). :( don't hate me.

jen
(kim's old roomate and lee's friend)

Becca's Blog said...

No hate here Jen...only love for my leeches who make themselves known...only love.

Rachel said...

"Piecer of a quilt." I confess, I laughed out loud. You're my hero for even attempting to piece.