On Breaking Up...
Got your attention, didn't I? Don't worry, I'm not in the process of getting dumped or anything. I would actually have to be dating someone for that to occur. And besides, I wouldn't probably blog about it unless whoever I was dating dumped me in some really cruel or cool way.I am however in the process of breaking up with my house. Yes, that's how I see it. My house is under contract and should close on May 13th if all goes well. I am super sad to be leaving my wonderful house of over three years but I know it is time to move on. If I let myself think about it too much I get pretty sad about it so I'm dealing with the situation in the same way I deal with getting dumped or with liking a guy that just doesn't like me back. Whenever I start thinking about how much I love my house and about all the wonderful things about it, I stop myself and start to think of all of the things I don't like. I am forcing myself to make a mental list of what I hate about living where I live (even though that list isn't very long) and all of the good things that will come out of me selling my house (like that I will be rich enough to really afford the Rock n' Roll lifestyle I already attempt to live).
This break up between me and my house has been dragging on forever. I was going to sell my house last Spring right after I completed two years here (so I wouldn't have to pay Capitol Gains Taxes) but I just kept putting it off and putting it off. Then finally last fall I put it up FOR SALE BY OWNER but a month or so later a strong wind ripped my sign away and I called it an "Act of God" and decided not to sell my house just yet. Then finally in March I got serious about it and got a Realtor. Less than a month later my house is under contract.
So there you go. I'm sure I will shed some tears when I actually move out, but for now I am dealing with things quite well by trying to make myself hate my house. The only problem is that, as we all know, love and hate are so close. I'm trying to get over it and move on though because I am sure there are better things waiting out there for me. I am pretty sure, I guess.
6 comments:
Don't get sad, you'll make me sad. We'll both be leaving our houses at about the same time and we can't be sad at the same time. We just need to do something for somebody else to take our minds off our own little sadness.
I will miss your house too. But if you need a good sleeping bag to live under the bridge let me know.
Where are you going to live?? I am a little bit sad too. Just think of your next home you'll buy...even better!
Becca congrats and my condolences. I have to say I am a bit jealous that you are so sad.... by the time we got our house signed, sealed, and delivered I HATED my Orem house and never wanted to see it again!
Good luck with the next step!
Pretty flowers!! They look like they could be fake they're so bright and pretty!... Enough about the flowers- It will be an adventure to move on to bigger and better things (whatever they may be!).
Those flowers are beautiful! And your house is so cute. But since you will probably take your decor with you, your next house will be just as cute or cuter!
Post a Comment