Sunday, March 2, 2008

It's the Most WONDERFUL Time of the Year!

Okay, I know I'm a total nerdo, but I get SO excited this time of year. I just LOVE Spring big time. It is absolutely my favorite season. I love that it doesn't get dark at 5 P.M., that it isn't freezing cold anymore (well, not most days), that my utilities are way cheap because I don't have to run the AC or the heat, that I can wear cute Spring clothes, that I don't have to drive to work in the snow, that my hair doesn't get messed up when I'm walking to school in the snow...but most of all, I love Spring because I love flowers! I have planted a ton of bulb flowers (tulips, crocuses, grape hyacinths and daffodils) over the three years I have lived in my house and each Spring when they start to poke up through the ground I get so excited. I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve. On the rare occasion when I'm at home for any length of time during the day, I go out and look at my little flowers poking up through the ground SEVERAL times throughout the day, and I'm not exaggerating. I almost cannot focus on other things at my house when there are flowers coming up. So, I thought I'd share my excitement for the end of winter with all of you. Enjoy, and stay tuned for more pictures when they actually bloom!

A little snow crocus fighting it's way through the snow on the north side of my house
On the south side the tulips and daffodils are coming up like crazy!

3 comments:

Becky said...

O.K. we still have a ton of snow. But I love knowing the change of season is starting! You're little flowers poking through the snow give me springtime hope!! Also the spring show at Mini always gives me serious Spring Fever!!

Bobbi said...

I am so envious that you have such a green thumb. Maybe this spring I will start planting things? I remember seeing your flowers last summer and they were pretty amazing!

Christa said...

I love tulips! You are so lucky!