Thursday, March 13, 2008
An Explanation about the Nair
I got so many comments on my little Nair experience that I figured I'd just write a post explaining what happened rather than respond to each of you concerned friends and family individually. First of all, I am doing totally fine so you don't need to come visit me in the burn unit or anything...it wasn't that bad.
Here's a synopsis of what happened. So I'm getting my cap on my front tooth (which was lost in a tragic accident many years ago in the 7-Peaks Wave pool...who knows, my tooth may still be swishing around in there somewhere) replaced because it was about 10 years old and I don't want to turn into one of those middle aged people with mismatched teeth and 80's hair. So, I'm getting a new one. My cousin Stuart, who is actually a dentist, is doing it for me. Stuart wanted to take a before picture of my old tooth and luckily like any good blogger I happened to have my camera in the car. So he stuck this big metal thing which scrunched up my lip into my nose and took a VERY UP-CLOSE picture of me. He even used the setting that you use for up-close shots which shows EVERY DETAIL.
Not only did I look horrible because my mouth and nose were totally scrunched together, but I noticed that I had little fine hairs all over my face...even on the end of my nose. So I did what any single and still trying to look decent person would do, and I went right away and stocked up on Nair. I tried a little on my upper lip and it turned out so nice and smooth that the next night I decided to put it all over my face and neck. Let's just say the area that got it 2 times in a row did not appreciate it. Did it remove my peach fuzz?... YES. Did it also remove several layers of skin?...oh yeah. The good news is that I'm doing fine now and will hopefully learn from my mistake. Oh the things we girls do to try to be beautiful! I'm sure that all of you have done some pretty stupid things to yourselves too in the pursuit of beauty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nope just naturally beautiful!! haha! I actually had a similar experience with wax and the skin under my eyebrows, about 3 weeks before my wedding! Thank heavens I'm a quick healer!!
Thanks for posting....finally. I think everyone should share a near disaster/death experience brought about by our insane pursuit of beauty. I'll share one of mine and see if it inspires anyone else. It involved the same common enemy of beauty you were battling, unwanted hair. I was probably about 12 and I decided it was time to shave my legs. Of course I thought my mom would not allow it so I didn't ask for permission or help. I took Dad's straight edge razor and went to it. The very first swipe up my right shin bone resulted in 4 or 5 pretty good gouges which bled profusely and scared me to death. I still have two scars prominent enough to show even through the unsightly veins and the hair on my legs that I don't shave so much anymore.
I went to 7 peaks almost every week last summer. I thought I stepped on a little pebble in the wave pool, but it was probably your tooth.
Blonds are also the hairest people. It's just in the form of "peach fuzz". I feel your pain. Not the Nair pain, the hair pain.
I loved that explanation! I am SURE I have had a bunch of mishaps in my day of trying to become more beautified. This post got me thinking... I might ought to try a little harder to make myself up and get cute cuz my poor husband! I once heard that if you wear sweats or lounge wear that is a sign you have given up... if that is the case I threw in the towel long ago!
I do remember once waxing my moms upper lip. Well I didn't realize that the hot wax had gotten on her top lip, so when I gave it a RIP I tore of a chunk of her lip! It wasn't bad until it scabbed over a few days later. She for some reason has NEVER asked me to wax her stash since?!?!
Becca,
Didn't you know that if you have peach fuzz on your face, it means you have beautiful skin? Do beautiful skins come without it!!
We all get it from Grandma Spaulding, and she told me that
Post a Comment