This just in...
A CTR ring was found at the Old Town Saloon in Rigby. If it's yours, give them a call.
Haaaaaaa I love Idaho. This ad was in the Jefferson Star newspaper today. I'm guessing it's a joke, and if it is it's pretty funny, and if it isn't, it's even funnier.
Also, if you lost some boots by the road or are missing a turtle, or are missing your dog that just gave birth, you are in luck...someone found those as well.
I also thought these articles from a recent Post Register were sort of funny and ironic. The top article says "Job growth on horizon" and just below it an article is titled "Joblessness inches higher." So, what is it Post Register?...am I doomed to a life of joblessness or not?
I'm just wondering if Obama or some other politician is writing for the Post Register, because the articles seemed very poiticianish...like, we don't really have a freakin clue so we're just going to give contradicting information so you'll get all confused and will stop trying to understand the economy so we can just do whatever we want like spend more and more money to "stimulate" the economy. Whatever.
And, speaking of government waste, I went in today to renew my car registration and they made me buy a new license plate because mine was seven years old or something...seriously? My old plates were in mint condition (except for some dead bugs plastered to them), I really liked my license plate number, I had an 8B (Bonneville County) plate so I wouldn't get made fun of as a 1J (Jefferson County) driver, and the new plates cost me 6 bucks!...come on Jefferson County, we're in a recession and I'm funemployed!
Anyway, truthfully the reason I'm mad that I had to buy new plates isn't the money, the wastefulness, or the fact that I now have 1J plates...it's that the new plates are SO ugly...they just print the numbers on and there's no dimension to the plates...they look cheapy and look like I drew on the numbers with a Sharpie. I nicely told the car registration lady that I thought the plates were ugly. So, maybe she'll put in a complaint for me. Hopefully. I worry about Idaho's future if we have such ugly licence plates...it just poorly represents our state when we travel. I'll get over it sometime soon I'm sure.
Anyway, I also found this...
in the Post Register. I just thought it was funny because if you look above the 50 it says in small letters "Belated." So, "Happy Belated 50th Birthday!" I just think 'come on people...if you are on the ball enough to actually put an ad in the newspaper to wish someone a happy birthday then at least get the ad in on time.'
Newspaper birthday ads aren't for underachievers...99 cent Hallmark cards are. I'm just saying...save yourself the money next time and buy a funny belated birthday card.
And lastly, to complete this post about things in the News, I just have to say that if any of you out there have not yet had the pleasure of reading the comments that people leave on KSL.com articles, then you should...because they are hilarious. Just go to KSL.com, chose pretty much any article and click on the "comments" button to read what people have to say. It doesn't really matter what the article is about because the comments may start off pertaining to the actual article but no matter what the subject matter is the comments will inevitably end up being about:
Mormons versus non-Mormons
Conservatives versus Liberals
Dog lovers versus dog haters
Climate change believers versus those who think Al Gore is full of it
Glen Beck lovers versus Glen Beck haters
Atheists versus Believers
Gun lovers versus gun haters
Hunters versus non-hunters
Citizens versus Illegal Immigrants
Latinos versus Whites
Whites versus Blacks
Blacks versus Asians
Obama lovers versus Obama haters
Christians versus Muslims
People who think Sarah Palin is an idiot versus people from Alaska,
and etc!
If you don't believe me, just go look up a few articles...very funny. Currently I recommend the article about the pastor dude who wants to burn Korans on September 11th, any article about child molesters, any articles about the LDS church, and, my personal favorite, the article entitled "Dogs have their day at West Valley pool."
The article talks about how at the end of the swimming season they have a day at the West Valley pool where you can bring your dog and let it go swimming. Supposedly they clean the pool thoroughly afterwards but it still sounds pretty disgusting to me. But, then again, I'm not really a fan of public pools even after just humans have been swimming, I'm slightly OCD, and I am not a lover of dogs.
In closing let me just share some direct quotes from the comments left from the "Dogs have their day at West Valley pool" article. I haven't changed anything...spelling, grammar, anything, but I have added italics for emphasis. Enjoy! (comments may not be suitable for young children)
How is that inappropriate its the truth i would rather swim with my dogs than an illegal. at least they are checked out by a vet for diseases which is more than you can say for the average illegal
Yeah,like we don't know the way they clean! a hookworm can get inside of you, trough your pores and the sole of your feet ,and it will travel to your internal organs like the kidneys and liver,and they will even invade your pupil's ! google it! I dare you!
Umm, don't beleive eerything you read on the interwebs. And if you do, just google "hookworm chlorine". Chlorine kicks the hookworm's butt!
Hookworms,Saliva,Feces,Anus. All the crap that yo get in the tamalies illegal aliens sell in the Walmart parking lot.
Then all you have to do is ,STOP eating them! and go and drink the water from that swimming pool! hehehe...
Yeah, take some water from the swimming pool (AFTER THE DOGS SWIM IN IT) and use it for ice water for your family!
I have a Mexican lady make me Tamales at my house and it is ssssooooo ggggoooooodddd!!
WOW....Your life must be so miserable. You need to get that treated. Germaphoebe. I bet your a hermit that never leaves her house and constantly uses the hand sanitizer.
id rather swim with an illegal than beck but id still rather swim with my dogs than either of them
I will swim with my 2 year old golden retriever, way before I swim with your 2 year old child.
I think I saw a dog there doing the "person paddle"
So yeah, somehow we got from diseases dogs would bring to the pool to illegal immigrants, to tamales from the Walmart parking lot, to Glen Beck, to babies pooping in pools, and we ended with a joke. Where do these people come from, seriously?
I can't believe there's someone out there who would rather swim with a dog then an illegal immigrant...and one guy would rather swim with a dog before swimming with either an illegal immigrant OR Glen Beck.
I, personally, know a lot of illegal immigrants I'd be glad to go swimming with. And, Glen Beck wouldn't be too bad either. I don't see him as the "goes to the bathroom in the pool" type so I can't see what would be so bad about swimming with him. I guess he does cry a lot...but tears are the least disgusting body fluid there is...so a few tears shed in the pool wouldn't be too big of a deal for me.
So, Glen and all the illegals out there...pool party at my house!
That is when I get a pool. Oh, and when I get a house.
Someday.
The end.
8 comments:
Can I tell you how beyond amused I am by the warnings about the parking lot tamales?
Ingredients include parasites, bodily fluids, and anus.
Way too funny! Those comments are perfect for a bummer day pick-me-up. I'll have so many pictures in my head next summer when I hear the local radio station advertising what they call "The Dog Days of Summer" at the local pool here in Bellef.
KSL.com will go into my favs.
Very funny!
This was awesome, from beginning to end. But I have to ask, what are the new plates like? I always thought Idaho's basic plate was one of the prettiest in the nation. Far prettier than the one I have to have on my car. All it is is white with red letters. BORING. At least with Idaho's, you knew people were patriotic (red, white and blue) and the land was pretty (mountains). Maybe you'd better send me a picture. I'll be so sad if Idaho has joined the Ugly Platers.
Kirsten,
No worries...they didn't change the design of the plate, they just made the printing of the plates all flat and cheap looking. So, now we have the ugliest plates and the ugliest quarter in the union...seriously, who is in charge of these things?
wow- those KSL comments are something else. That is so funny. By the way- my new credit card from Utah Community Credit Union looks fake (probably the same as your new license plates) I thought it was an example of what it WILL look like... I guess Utah is getting cheap too ;)
Oh man. I love reading the comments on Deseret News. Same exact thing.
And a side note. Have you been down to see Candace yet? Because I'm jealous of you both for living in the same state.
Christa, no, I haven't been down to see Candace yet. I'm actually "living" in Idaho right now and haven't been to SLC since June. BUT, you should come out here and we can all hang out. Hurry before it gets miserably cold and I run away for the winter!
Post a Comment