CACHE COUNTY -- Sheriff's officials arrested a Clarkston man accused of shooting a goat after smoking spice.
Lt. Chad Jensen with the Cache County Sheriff's Office says 28-year-old Ryan Lee was high on spice -- a legal type of synthetic marijuana -- when he got into an argument with a friend around 5 p.m. Friday. During the fight, Jensen says Lee pulled out a revolver, walked into a nearby building on the property and fired several shots inside and outside the home.
One of the bullets hit his friend's goat.
When deputies arrived, Lee came out of the building but remained combative. After several attempts to get Lee on the ground, deputies tried to use a Taser on him. When that was ineffective, deputies fired a bean bag round from a shotgun and were able to take him into custody.
Lee was taken to Logan Regional Hospital for evaluation, then booked into jail. Jensen says criminal charges are pending.
The goat survived and was taken to a local veterinarian for treatment.
Think this article is funny? You should read the comments. Classic KSL...Mormons, illegals, Obama, gun control, legalizing marijuana...pretty much everything but Sarah Palin.
Thanks to my sister-in-law, Kim, for bringing this article to my attention. It's the best KSL story I've seen in a long time.
So, thank you Kim, and thank you KSL, and a special thanks to the morons who comment on KSL!
Oh, and thanks too to the guy who smoked spice and then shot the goat...without you we wouldn't have a story. And, a super extra special thanks to the local veterinarian who saved the goat's life...you have the hands of an angel.

8 comments:
Maybe you will have to move back to the Salt Lake Valley. Look at all the excitement you're missing out on.
Great entertainment!
Oh Becca! This is hilarious - and the comments are even better. I'm seriously in my office laughing out loud getting strange looks from passerbys. Thank you for sharing!
One of my favorite things to do every day is find the most ridiculous story I can in the Deseret News (where else?) and hand it to my boss who extracts almost as much pleasure from them as I do. This was one of the stories that had us in tears.
i agree. utah has the best stories.
also- how naive am i? when i saw the article title- i thought it would explain he was smoking like ceyenne pepper or cinnamon or something.
Dang. I missed the comments. KSL no longer has their comment board available. Oh, well. And, like Kim, I was wondering why this guy was so desparate for a high that he was smoking something out of the kitchen cupboard. Terragon, anyone?
Bummer, I hadn't read KSL comments since I used to read the comments attached to the kids basketball articles. Those were pretty funny. After your last post about them I wanted to check them out again. DANG I was too late. KSL found out you were making fun of their goofy readers and has discontinued the comment board! Another good free entertainment gone.
What? They no longer have the comment board? Are they crazy? That's the only reason I get my news from KSL.com. Well, hopefully Deseret News hasn't disabled theirs. I'll let you know.
How funny that after years of having comments they chose the week that I have posted about them twice to disable their comments. I wonder if someone from KSL.com is one of my blog leeches...hmmm.
Post a Comment