Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Listen up leeches...

Hey leeches...you owe me...you know you do.

So, here's what you can do for me...

My cousin-in-law, Jason, is a finalist for an 18,000 dollar scholarship for students with cystic fibrosis.  

And, the winner of that scholarship is determined by whoever gets the most votes.  

So, to clear your conscience and make up for your leechy behaviors, here's what you need to do.

Go to www.solvaycaresscholarship.com and VOTE for Jason E!

You can vote once per email address, so if you have several email addresses, well, be a champ and vote several times.

It will take less than one minute of your precious blog surfing time, I promise.  

Then, pick up your phone (or better yet, phones) and call: 
1-888-305-9808 and vote for #19...Jason E.  

Or, if you are the texting type, text: VOTE19 to 30364.

If you want to know a little bit about Jason before casting your vote, you can just go to the scholarship voting site and read Jason's profile.  

But I'll just save you the time and will tell you that he's one of the coolest, most optimistic, and hardest working people I know.  

And definitely very deserving of this scholarship.


Jason and his wife Geri (my cousin).  I hacked this picture off of their blog, so I really hope it's one they like.


He graduated with high honors (one of the cum laudes...I can't remember which one) from BYU-I and just started Optometry school in California.  And, I don't know much about Optometry school, but I'm guessing it's pretty dang expensive and an extra 18 grand would really come in handy...especially in California.  


He's a super great guy...served an LDS mission, is kind to everyone, plays tons of sports, and loves children and small puppies.  (Actually, not sure about the small puppies, but everything else is true.)


And that, leeches, is why you should vote for Jason.


Okay, now that you've voted two times (via phone and online) for my cousin-in-law, I give you permission to feel good about yourself again...even though you are a leech.  


Later leeches!
Love, Becca


What are you doing still reading this post?  Go VOTE!


And then tell everyone you know to vote as well...even your pretend friends on Facebook.  


Seriously, what are you still doing here?  Get voting already!



14 comments:

Kim said...

Voted online, by phone and by text.

Does that get me off the hook for being a lame-o blog leech?

Kim-may said...

this is one of my favorite blogs you have ever posted. go jason.

hmmm said...

Becca you da bomb.diggiity.com
Thanks for the shout out calling all Leeeches to order.
You're a true cousin.

Cassie said...

Vote Jason!

Battfam said...

Wow, you went the extra mile. I liked your post. Can I copy it for my blog and call out my blog leeches too, that is, if I really do have any. You always tell me I do, but I think you are just trying to make me feel better about the low number of comments I get. Blog comments are another area where a self-esteem shield comes in handy.

Becca's Blog said...

Kim, you were never a leech. You comment once in awhile. My leeches are those who won't comment on this post (or any post for that matter) but will go out of their way to talk to me next time we run into each other at Walmart to tell me that they read my blog and voted for Jason. For some reason a comment is just too much to ask from some people.

Becca's Blog said...

Oh, and yes MOM you can copy my post. And I do know that you have a lot of leeches. People tell me all the time that they read your blog. Random people.

Jessica Taylor Blaine said...

Done. Hope he wins!!!

Lucy said...

Go Jason!! (and Becca...good post. effective and to the point.)

Christa said...

I'm a leech to your mom's blog. But I feel ok because she leeches on my blog. Which oddly makes me happy. Odd b/c I only met her briefly at Kim and Lee's wedding. But happy because I like your family.
Is it weird that I'm not commenting on your blog? But I'm commenting on the comments on your blog.....

Audrey said...

Loved this post... I am with Kim, one of my faves!
Aunt Millie, now that I am have back in my working... I will become more of a blog leech, but I will comment! I have been BAD lately!

Sarah Peterson said...

voted... I hope he wins just because you both seem like good people. ;)

Tricia said...

Voted.. Trying not to be a leech. Never get time to check blogs anymore...

Becky said...

Had it done before I read your blog. Do I get extra leech points for being ahead of the call to action? Just kidding.