Friday, May 7, 2010
Hate Mail from my Blog
Dearie Becca: a note from your blog. I know you are in jolly old England, probably having a tea and crumpets and a smashing good time with your old chums, Katie and Corrine. Righto and jolly good and all that, BUT what about me?
I heard you talking before you crossed the pond and I quite heard you say that you planned to blog along the way on this trip. I thought, “Righto! And ace of an idea if I do say so. But alas, it seems they were words; only words.
Have you even taken so much as a gander at me lately? Unlikely, I say, highly unlikely. It's probably been days, or weeks, actually, since you gave me a look, I'm quite sure. Crikey! And I thought we were chaps.
This total disregard of my being is… well… it’s rubbish; that’s what it is. I know you fancy jetting around the globe, acting all hoity-toity, and I try to let it slip, yet I can't help but get a little prickly when you ignore me.
So I fancy a little attention from you now and then; is that so bad? We’ve been mates for quite some time now, haven’t we? Is this anyway to treat a mate?
Blimey! Enough of this. I will just put a sock in it and wrap up by saying……….
Go ahead; see the sights, catch a game of cricket, spend the day with Big Ben if you’re keen on him. We both know you'll be back and that I'll be here waiting for you. We've had too many cracking good times to let it end like this.
Well, Bob’s your uncle…
Your Blog
Dear Blog:
Sorry. I will get around to blogging soon. It's just that I'm having way too much fun and have been way too busy. Please stop sending me hate mail though and please stop sending me emails telling me to update my "bloody blog." Thanks for caring though.
Becca
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Do tell....when you get time.
Seems to me that you must be having a dandy time.
Blimey, your blog got it spot on. I'm glad the hate mail came only via email and not post though. It's never fun to get rotten tomatoes in a package that says "Chocolate" on it.
This made me laugh.
Your blog is absolutely right. We, your fans and leeches, have been wondering when you would get around to posting something. If you want us to keep coming back, we have to have something to come back for, right?
Sorry it had to come to this between you and your blog though.
Oh well. Pip, pip. Chin up and Cheerio!
Post a Comment