Sunday, October 25, 2009

Just One Reason I Might Be a Spinster...

Because seriously, what guy wants to wake up to this in the morning? Yup, that's me. Just seconds after waking up a few days ago. Every once in awhile I somehow create these masterpieces while I sleep. I know...amazing. I don't know how I do it but it just happens occasionally. I guess my creative genius only shows itself in my sleep, but subconscious in your sleep creative genius is better than none at all. My friend Julia promised me that if I would document my crazy morning hair and blog it that she would stop being a big blog leech and would start leaving comments. See what I have to do to get leeches to comment? I have to put humiliating, no makeup, no shower, pictures on my blog. Oh well, anything for a comment. So here's a picture of the right side of my head...

and one of the left...which was even more amazing/disgusting than the right side.

So somehow in my sleep my hair formed itself into a perfect mohawk. My friends think that since my hair can form such a great mohawk that I should dye my hair black, pierce my nose and eyebrow, paint a fake tear coming out of my eye, and go goth for Halloween. I'm not so sure about that. I'd hate to stain my pillowcase. Anyway, I'm sure you're all wondering, Did you go to bed with your hair wet? Did you have more product on your hair than usual? Are you sure you didn't just form your hair into a mohawk using massive amounts of hairspray? And the answers to those questions are no, no, no. My hair was just how it normally is when I went to bed and I woke up like that. So, I remember one time a long time ago seeing an Oprah about this lady whose husband had never seen her without makeup and without her hair done and they'd been married like 20 years or something. She would just get up early in the morning and shower and get ready before he could see her in all her ugliness. So she went on Oprah and Oprah brought her husband on the show and the lady came on the show without her hair done and with no makeup and her husband didn't stop loving her and so the lady was all liberated, etc., etc. So, that's probably what I'll do. If I ever get married I'll just get up early in the morning and get ready before my husband is awake and then he'll never see how amazingly disgusting my hair is in the morning, until one day years later, I'll go on the Oprah show and she'll set me free. I'm guessing that's how things will be anyway. Unless I marry some secret unrelated to me bachelor blog leech and then he will already know and accept the truth about me. Well, we'll see how things pan out.

17 comments:

Amy said...

Just when I think you couldn't get any funnier you go and post a post like this.

Julia said...

So you called me a leech. Is that really what people like me are called? What would you call the bead obsessed lady who subscribed to Brooke's blog and looked at it 60 times a day but never commented? "I love anything to do with beads..." Brooke should write anonymously for a blog. Any ideas?

Your hair is incredible. Like unbelievably awesome. I don't know what guy WOULDN'T wanna wake up and see that. In fact, I've started showing it to the guys I'm going to set you up on dates with. That and the picture of you with your Frankenstein nose tattoo. Don't worry, they'll find it endearing...

Emily said...

I saw this Oprah show about people who do things in their sleep. The only one that I remember is a woman that would eat raw hamburger dipped in mayo (disgusting!) Are you sure you don't sleepwalk into the bathroom and style your hair? Awesome volume--I am impressed!

Becca's Blog said...

Emily, maybe I do get up in the night and style my hair. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I don't eat raw hamburgur dipped in mayo in my sleep. I'd rather have crazy hair than E. coli 0157.

Lucy said...

That hair do is pretty incredible. As for the whole Oprah idea, I hope there is a simpler way. I'm just wondering what your t shirt says??

Becca's Blog said...

My t-shirt, which was a gift from my good spinster friend Kate, says, "What your BAD boyfriend do?" It is a Bridget Jones quote. We spinsters LOVE Bridget Jones.

jess said...

LOVE IT!!! man, i love YOU becca. you never cease to amaze me. what i'm wondering is why i never saw any of that in las heras... does this phenomenon only occur in the US? or did you just secretly wake up early on the mish too so that your companions would never see.... i've got you all figured out now.

Kate said...

Your hair is great, but your shirt is even better. I think I'll watch that movie today.

Christa said...

I agree with Kate. The shirt is the best part of the post. And I was planning on saying that before I read any comments. We are one apparently.

Becca's Blog said...

What? Better than my hair?

I do love that shirt though. I wear it all the time...mostly just to the gym or to bed but I LOVE IT and I love the weird looks/questions I get when I do wear it in public.

Bobbi said...

I am LOVING your morning style! I couldn't stop giggling :):):):)
I shouldn't though, because I could be a runner up to you. It must run in the family.

Jessica Taylor Blaine said...

Mine is cute short and stands up like I stuck my finger in a light socket. My hubby has to take a picture about once a year. He said one day I looked like Kramer.
Husbands don't care!!

Battfam said...

Here you go making us proud again. I've seen many of your morning "do"s, but that one truly was blog-worthy. Keep up the good work!

Amanda said...

Hey, that whole thing on Oprah- I think I watched that one with you! The hair is awesome! You are truly amazin in many ways!

Mardi said...

love it! everything about you is amazing - even your morning hair. i don't care about my morning hair and face so much - it's the breath that concerns me.

Rachel said...

Love it! Takes me back to the roommie days, when I saw your hair like that all the time. It must have been shorter then, because that do tops them all.

Kim and Rol said...

All I can say is that I am having flashbacks to our glorious days at Turnberry. . .and missing seeing you in the morning! Roland's hair isn't nearly as fun!