Thursday, August 6, 2009

I guess I'm okay...

Today I got my hair cut and colored by my fabulous hair stylist Audrey. Usually when I'm getting color I'll wear an old t-shirt, just so I don't have to worry about staining one of my favorite shirts. So today I wore this nasty old Rex Lee 5K t-shirt that has yellow deodorant stains and is sort of getting thin because it has been washed a few too many times. I think I've had it since 2003 or so. Oh, and this morning I even dripped a little mouth wash on it, so I was looking extra special.
After my haircut I decided to run into the post office in Rigby to mail a letter. I was a little bit self conscious about my shirt, especially in Rigby where I'm sure to run into someone I know, but I really needed to get the letter mailed. So, I just decided that I'd hurry and run in, hope the line wasn't too long, and then get out of there before somebody from the Rigby High Class of '97 saw me.
I parked my car and headed into the post office and just as I'm walking in an old guy (at least 70) walks out of the post office wearing levi shorts and suspenders. Yup, no shirt. I guess he wanted to show off that tattoo he got when he was in the army or something. And I thought to myself, "hm, I guess I'm okay," and I walked into that post office with my head held high and mailed my letter.

7 comments:

Bobbi said...

Poor shirtless guy. What are people thinking???
Hey-thanks a millilon for the flip flops. I am wearing them tonight for the 3rd time!!

Kim-may said...

Becca- nice story. i guess i will wear shorts with hairy legs in rigby next time, since its so free there.
also- it worries me as to what you had to search on google images to find that pic.

hmmm said...

he must be one confident 70 year-old, showing off those pecks.
(i'm hoping that tat wasn't of a woman. i don't think that would be too pretty after 50 yrs. of saggage.)

Christa said...

The only word I can think of is awesome.

Lucy said...

Careful, Geri, about the 50 years of saggage. That's actually a pretty good term.
We may have seen your post office friend at the fair last night. Yikes.

Mardi said...

In my big city - chances of running into people I know are slim, so I take advantage of it! :)

I do think that some days I am THAT person - people see ME and say to themselves "dang I feel good about myself today!"

Battfam said...

All I can say is you are pretty lucky. I always bump in to someone I know when I am looking extra dumpy. At least with your hair looking cute, probably no one noticed the shirt.