December 2, 2008...
Today I am thankful for the lessons and council given to us by a wonderful man who passed away last night.
I know, I know... just last night I was thankful that the B.O. smelling car wipes I bought were cheap and tonight I am actually thankful for something serious. I guess I'm just a person of contrast...that's how I roll.
ANYWAY, I just have to say that I love, love, love Elder Wirthlin's most recent conference talk. It for sure was my favorite talk from this conference. And his April conference talk was pretty sweet (as in cool) as well.
He's always been one of my favorite apostles (and yes, I'm pretty sure it is okay to have favorite apostles as long as you still listen to the council of your non-favorites). He was just such a humble, quiet, and kind man...basically my complete opposite, which always made me intrigued by him and made me like him.
Anyway, I'm sad to see him go but am happy for him.
Oh, and by the way, I just for the first time paid attention to Elder Worthlin's middle name...just like President Hinckley. So I did a little research and found out that both Elder Worthlin's mom and President Hinckley's moms were Bitners. So were they sisters...cousins...distant relatives? What's up with that? Anybody know?
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
t h a n k f u l
December 2, 2008...
Today I am thankful for the lessons and council given to us by a wonderful man who passed away last night.
I know, I know... just last night I was thankful that the B.O. smelling car wipes I bought were cheap and tonight I am actually thankful for something serious. I guess I'm just a person of contrast...that's how I roll.
ANYWAY, I just have to say that I love, love, love Elder Wirthlin's most recent conference talk. It for sure was my favorite talk from this conference. And his April conference talk was pretty sweet (as in cool) as well.
He's always been one of my favorite apostles (and yes, I'm pretty sure it is okay to have favorite apostles as long as you still listen to the council of your non-favorites). He was just such a humble, quiet, and kind man...basically my complete opposite, which always made me intrigued by him and made me like him.
Anyway, I'm sad to see him go but am happy for him.
Oh, and by the way, I just for the first time paid attention to Elder Worthlin's middle name...just like President Hinckley. So I did a little research and found out that both Elder Worthlin's mom and President Hinckley's moms were Bitners. So were they sisters...cousins...distant relatives? What's up with that? Anybody know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Holy crap I didn't even know this happened. Thank you Becca's Blog for being so informative. I remember Elder Wirthlin talked in one of his Priesthood Session talks about playing college football at the U. This is a remarkable Priesthood Session event for 2 reasons: 1)I remember it, so clearly I must have been awake and 2)It wasn't a talk about moral cleanliness...actually, I take that back - he very well may have tied football into moral cleanliness somehow. I don't remember. I probably payed less attention once the football story was over. Sorry.
I had forgotten that they were related... I worked with Joe Jr. for a while & I know it's a close relationship, just can't remember exactly what.
His talk in October is one of our family favorites too. He will be missed.
Definitely one of my favorites too. Do you remember him talking about "the wind blowing through his once full head of hair" I loved his talks..
He was a gem for sure. I know I'm your mom and all, but I wouldn't consider you a complete opposite to him. Maybe we could all just implement the things he taught a little more.
Post a Comment