Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Love...True Love...

You know love is true love when... You see someone (or something's faults) and still love them (or it). This weekend when I was in Idaho I was reminded that: 1) The roads are horrible there in the Winter. Especially the side roads. They don't plow or don't do it often enough because the roads stay covered in snow/slush longer than in Utah (or it may be because it is usually slightly warmer in Utah). Luckily usually people actually slow down, are courteous, and don't drive like idiots so we get by even with the bad roads. 2) The radio stations in SE Idaho are crappy and every time I'm home (in Idaho) I long for my Utah radio stations. Good thing I have my iPod. 3) Idaho Falls really is lacking on restaurants, big time. I notice this more ever since I sold my house and completely stopped cooking anything more complicated than Mac n' Cheese and ever since my mom moved to Brazil and I don't get her home cooking (although I do get Lee and Kim's home cooking quite often). BUT despite these three things that Idaho is lacking in I still LOVE Idaho. It is quiet there. It is peaceful. The only traffic is 17th Street at Christmastime and the Greenbelt on the 4th of July. My family is there. My extended family is there. People are nice. Life is a little slower. Life is a little less competitive (compare numbers of luxury cars in SE Idaho to SLC and you'll see what I mean...although Idaho guys do get pretty competitive with their trucks). Housing is cheaper in Idaho. I may even one day be able to buy another house. So it must be true love. I can see that Idaho is not perfect and yet I still love being there. Maybe part of it is just going where everybody (or at least somebody) knows my name...dum, dum, dum...and they're always glad I came (usually). I'm not intending this blog to turn into an Idaho Rocks Blog or anything. But I guess the worse things get for me here in Utah, the better Idaho seems. That's all.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

We like Idaho, too. Don't even mind the restaurants either.

Christa said...

I also love Kim's cooking....Coke and pb&j...mmmmmmm