So I don't really have anything cool to write about but my friend Jerry from work told me today that if I don't get blogging I'm going to lose some blog fans, big time. But what if I write lameo stuff? Won't that make me lose fans too? Oh, well. So, here you go.
Super long story sort of short, my every attempt to find housing in SLC, after selling my house, fell through. I really did try to find a place to live (I think). I wasn't asking a lot...just somewhere decent, not scary, not uber far away from work and not super expensive and with not too freaky of roommates too. And I found three places I liked and that met those specifications...and each one of those places fell through for various reasons. The final, and perhaps most tragic (because I had already spent a day moving in most of my stuff) was with some cool girls from my ward. They had an extra room in their basement and so they asked me if I wanted to move in. And so I was like, "Yeah, of course." The rent was cheap, the roommies were great, the place was nice, the room was available immediately, and as an added bonus the complex was called Park Place and all the street names were Monopoly names. I was going to live on Marvin Gardens. Some guys in our ward live at Ventor Avenue. I didn't see any Railroads though or receive any Get Out of Jail Free Cards, and I certainly didn't receive large sums of money for being there, but it was still a cool place. I don't know when those condos were built...I guess in an era when you could sit around a board room and say, "Hey guys, I have an idea, lets name our new 10 million dollar condo complex after Monopoly...I love that game." And everyone is like, "great idea...genius...I love that game too!" Oh, the good old days.
Anyway, these condos, although from an era in the past, were well kept, had a swimming pool, basketball courts, tennis courts (not that I play) and plenty of parking. They were great...except for one thing...I couldn't fit any of my furniture down the stairs into the room. It's not like my furniture is that huge and ornate or anything. It is just normal, but those stairs took a sharp turn and my brother Lee and I tried every angle and every way and couldn't get my furniture in...and remember, this is after I've already moved most of my stuff in. Nice. So I renege on the whole deal and pack up all of my stuff and just move it all to my parents' house.
So that might seem a rash decision, but I just didn't want to have to buy new furniture just for this one place when I already have plenty of other good furniture and I didn't want to be paying rent on a place where I couldn't even have my room all set up...especially since I'll be gone most of the summer. And by that point anyway I was fed up and was like, "Fine, none of these things I'm trying are working so I'll do something different."
So, now I'm actually living with my super nice Aunt Jenny in Provo and commuting to work in SLC (luckily gas is only 4 dollars a gallon). So I'm not officially living out of my car, but I would imagine that before this whole thing is over I'll spend a night or two in it.
Do I actually seek for guidance rather than just let the fact that things don't work out determine what happens in my life? Yes. But sometimes even the seeking doesn't work out the best for me. Let's just say that the last time I went to that place where we Mormons go to receive guidance and peace (the one that took 40 years to build), I got seated between a sobbing girl and a girl who barfed all over the place...the inspiration just wasn't flowing that day for me, to say the least. So for now, I'll just put my life on cruise control and let what happens happen, until I get a better plan. I'll keep all you blog fans posted...that is if I have any after not blogging for forever and then writing this forever long post.
6 comments:
Sorry about your plight Becca. Mostly the trying to move and then having to move it back out. Putting off any decisions right now sounds good, though. You don't hav to rush into anything, and you can just let nature take it's course. Keep up the good spirits!
I'm still a fan, even after that uber long post.(I think that is using the term, uber, correctly.) But, I am your mom. I can only imagine what Jerry is going to have to say about it.
Oh, and another thing...Sometimes cruise control can be pretty cool.
Everything not turning out like you think? A sure sign of being on the right track! So congrats, in a warped way. And that barfing story, wow.
Still your blog fan,
Corrine
this post....so long...eyelids getting heavy......feeling sleeppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppadr;kr'km
Glad you are living with Jenny--does she still make those awesome Carmel Cookies?? Yum.. Stop by in Lehi on your way one of these days--
Post a Comment