Conference Sunday means different things to different people...
For some, it's a day to enjoy the fact that wearing pajamas to church is totally socially acceptable (unless of course you actually attend in the Conference Center and then that might be weird).
For others, it's a day to feast on lots of homemade goodness...pies, rolls, and marshmallow cream popcorn, just to name a few.
For most it means a day (or two if you're really good) of being spiritually fed.
For many it means power naps during MoTab songs, games with family, a week off from church callings, and other excellent things.
And of course all those things are important. But for me, the main significance of October's Conference Sunday is the launch of...
you guessed it...LEISURE SUIT SEASON! But not the kind of leisure suit I'm sure you're imagining (as seen above), even though they are rather dapper.
This...
is what I mean when I say leisure suit. Comfortable. Warm. Cozy. Versatile. And sometimes cute...depending on the fluctuating size of my buttocks.
Even though I don't particularly like late Fall, Winter, and early Spring weather, I do like that the cooler weather brings on leisure suit season. Because I love leisure suit season. I can't fully express why...I just do.
So, until April Conference weekend brings the end of leisure suit season, I'll enjoy every moment by lounging around in one of my several leisure suits every second I'm not out in public...and maybe even sometimes when I am.
Conference...beautiful bookends to a fantastic season of comfort and warmth! Bring on the cold!


2 comments:
I'd never thought of conference as being bookends for the "leisure suit" season, but I guess it makes sense....at least in your world.
I'm not sure about "bring on the cold" either.
Maybe I'm just being contrary today since it is snowing a little more than I had planned on.
Yeah, last night when I wrote this post and said "bring on the cold" I wasn't quite anticipating the Winter winderland wonderland we had today...I was just thinking normal cool Fall weather! Sorry everyone! But I am excited I'm headed home from work to put on the leisure suit.
Post a Comment