My birthday is coming up in a few weeks. I won't say how old I'll be since that is both embarrassing and depressing, but I will ask for your suggestions of what I should do or where I should go for my birthday.
The problem is that in the past I've been spoiled with some pretty sweet birthdays. I've spent birthdays in Scotland, Argentina, Brazil, and Bolivia and birthdays skydiving and driving through giant redwoods, among other fun things. I've had a lot of memorable birthdays and have spent many birthdays, including my last three, on trips. So now I get extra sad if I have a lame birthday and I need to pre-plan to prevent a lame birthday day occurrence.
Sadly my mom recently had a lame birthday as we were all busy getting things ready for my parents' homecoming report and for the feeding of the 5000 that would follow. I'm glad that Lee and Kim were at least able to take my mom out to breakfast the morning of her birthday so she didn't have an entirely horrible day. I felt bad that my mom had such a lame-o birthday. I feel, as an only daughter, that it was my responsibility to make sure she got to do something fun...but her birthday just came with bad timing. Sorry mom.
And, since I'm flying solo in this life, it's nobody's responsibility but my own to make sure I have a good day. And that's why I'm planning ahead.
So, if you have any suggestions of what I can do for a fun and memorable birthday, please share. It can be a suggestion of a place to go...whether near or far, or something new to do...whether extreme and crazy or normal but awesome.
What have you done for your favorite birthdays?

6 comments:
Have a happy birthday. I'd make you a cake if I could.
I hear they have some fun shows at the Playmill or at Macks Inn, too.
I know Bobbi wants to go.
Go visit your local walmart and laugh at the people. Do something noteworthy to be in your local 'police beat'.... These are just suggestions, obviously. I hope it's a great day no matter what you do.
Haaaaaa Jen I love the police beat idea. Maybe my next post will be to ask my readers what I can do to get in the police beat and keep my clean record with the police...I'm thinking dripping pig intestines coming from my car. Haaaaaaa I would love to get in for something like that...that would be a great birthday activity!
You could always rent a Harley and drive to Montana.
Come here and we'll go to an A's game. Or you can take a postponed birthday trip here and we'll go to a Sharks game. Or you could come here and translate for me at our closed-but-reopening-under-a-Spanish-name grocery store. I mean really, what better way to spend a birthday? :)
Post a Comment