
Well, it looks like the world needs a new Hide-and-Go-Seek champion. Nearly 10 years in hiding...not bad, not at all bad. But we finally found the little b@$t@rd. And I'm glad. I'm really glad...that a really bad guy was brought to justice.
However, I'm not going to go out and dance in the streets of Grant. Celebrating the death of a human being, even a super duper wicked jerk of a human being, doesn't seem exactly right to me. I don't know why. It just doesn't.
I've had the news on, watching the crowds gathered in NYC and DC...cheering and yelling with excitement...watching Geraldo Rivera with his big stupid mustache excitedly reporting the news. And then watching Glen Beck idiotically celebrate with a marching band and cookies.
And, I don't know, I think it's okay to celebrate our victory I guess...but I just think that maybe we should be careful. We don't want to incite more terrorism. And there are still a lot of really wicked people out there.
I'll sing and dance in the streets of Grant someday when the Devil himself is dead (and all evil is abolished from the earth), but until then I'll just be glad inside that a bad man is no longer here to influence others in his wicked ways.
Anyway, on a lighter note...check out this picture I found while searching online for mustaches for Cinco de Mayo costumes.
Haaaaaaaa I love it!
Awesome.
And slightly creepy.

9 comments:
I'm really trying to understand how glasses like that were in style. Very creepy.
I saw that Glen Beck thing too and all I could thing was W.E.I.R.D. Sometimes you and I must think along the same lines.
Glenn Beck is an idiot. (But you are awesome.)
I'm glad I am not alone in this! I've been feeling all weird about the celebrations too -- he was a human being, albeit a bad one; giving him so much press over his death felt a little like he was a celebrity or something; and seriously? One bad man gone doesn't equal all bad men gone. Rubbing his death in the noses of all his Al-Qaida friends just doesn't seem wise. Thanks for making sense of what I was feeling over all of this.
I particularly like the few black mustache hairs that stuck to the weird guy's cheek!
As far as the Osama deal, just hoping and praying nothing crazy happens anytime soon on our soil. But super glad he's a gonner.
I'm telling you Becca--you need to be a writer or a news commentator or something. . .I would much rather listen to you than Geraldo or Glen Beck. . .just saying. The mustache reminds me of that halloween costume you had that one year. . .does Adolph ring a bell. . .you looked much better in yours.
P.S. Hopefully this comment will start me on my path towards not being a blog leech!
Is everyone dressing up for Cinco de Mayo or just Mitch? Just wondering.
I think just Mitch. Maybe Kim too. I don't know for sure.
I think this pic looks like Kip Dynamite. You know, Napoleon's brother.
Post a Comment