Monday, May 2, 2011

Cholera, Dysentery, and Other Things I Think About During Sunday School...



In my humble opinion, if you are old enough to be married, you are old enough to not lean your head on your husband's shoulder throughout the whole Sunday School lesson.  


Because really, it's 1:00 church.  

So you can't be tired.  

And the only other reason I can think of why a needy girl would need to lean on her husband's shoulder, as if she doesn't have the strength to lift even her own head, is because she has either 1) cholera, or 2) dysentery.  

And, if you have either cholera or dysentery, you don't have to go to church.  Don't you know that?  Yeah, cholera and dysentery are both Get Out Of Church Free Cards.  

So, stay home the next time you don't have the strength to lift your own head.  None of us will miss you.  Well, maybe your husband...but definitely not the rest of us.  


3 comments:

Lucy said...

Have never done that and I promise that I haven't.

Battfam said...

I hope she didn't cough on anybody.

Next week you'll have to sit on the front row and then you won't know what's going on behind you.

Sometimes it's easier that way.

kiddle97 said...

That poor soul. But you forgot about the plague. I think if she had the plague she wouldn't be able to lift her head either. But if she had the plague she should definitely stay home from church.