
Tomorrow night I am picking up some of my parents' Brazilian friends from the airport so I thought I'd spruce up my car a bit today. I guess I have a short memory because I used the
protectant wipes I bought a few months ago but swore I'd never use again because they made my car stink. I remembered that the cleaning wipes made my car stink but I couldn't remember what they made my car stink like.
So today I opened the package and took a whiff and...
Nothing...They just smelled like a cleaning wipe should smell.
So I thought to myself...'maybe there was never anything wrong with the smell...maybe I just had a migraine when I used them before which made me over sensitive to smell...I guess I'll just use them again.'
About 2.5 seconds after I started wiping down my dash I remembered why I didn't like this particular brand of cleaning wipe...because they make my car smell like
B.O.! There must be some weird reaction with my car and the wipes that produce the smell, but the combination forms what is, without a doubt, a strong, B.O. smell...think sweaty Germans wearing spandex, boys' locker rooms, or pre-deodorant use junior high boys with Mexi-stashes and you've got the right smell in mind.
GREAT. Just what I need.
So I run buy a car air freshener...you know, the tree shaped kind. I'm not into air fresheners for cars because they are usually too strong for me, but this was an emergency. So I tried to find the smell least likely to cause me to get a migraine and I chose WATERMELON.
The watermelon wasn't strong enough however to mask the B.O. smell so now my car smells like
a bunch of sweaty guys eating watermelon.
I hope it clears out by the time I have to pick up the Brazilians...it's their first visit to the U.S.A. and I don't want to scare them off or give them something to call home about right off. Maybe I'll crack my windows all day tomorrow and hope it clears out. Wish me luck!
7 comments:
Maybe it is time to give those wipes the toss. Cars with
"smells" are not good. We just got a new mission vehicle and the "New Car" smell is so strong it almost makes my eyes water.
I hate car fresheners. But I have found the best one ever. It's at Walmart for like $2. It's a stick that clips into your vent so no one can see it. It has a rubber thing on the stick that makes the car smell good. It's too powerful on it's on so I just cut the rubber part in half and save it for later. It's genius! I have vanilla and it actually smells good.
Good luck - it could be a worse smell...like sour milk or something. Let's hope it's a nice sunny day and you can roll down the windows when you pick the people up. Tell them the wind blowing through their hair is all part of the western experience.
If you have any potpourri oil, just spray one squirt under the gas pedal or somewhere you won't mind a little spot on the carpet. Then wrap up the wipes for a white elephant gift, so you won't use them again.
ah rats.
i have a big thing about smells.
at all times there is a wall flower going in our apartment and i'm always asking peeps if it stinks (peeps i know)
so, basically what i'm saying is that i know the feeling of franticness with the nasty, stinking car.
good luck.
and roll the windows down. not sure about a western experience, but you could give that a go.
It is snowing like crazy here today...I guess I won't be rolling the windows down. These people are from a place where the temperature is ALWAYS between 88 and 92 degrees. Can you imagine if I rolled down the windows in a blizzard...even just a crack? They'd think I was crazy!
So, how did it go with the Brazilians? Were you able to chat it up with them?
Post a Comment