Hola readers and leeches...
I have a great opportunity for you all...a chance to help you feel awesome about yourself and help the world all in one easy step. And no, it doesn't involve Mary Kay, Amway, or Scentsy, and I promise that you'll get a warm fuzzy feeling by participating in my little project or your money back.
Here's the deal. I need ties. Lots and lots of missionary appropriate ties.
"What," you're probably asking, "is a missionary appropriate tie?"
Pretty much anything goes really, except:
Mickey Mouse ties
SpongeBob SquarePants ties
Ties that say things like "#1 Dad"...or have pictures of your kids on them
Christmas ties
Halloween ties
Ties that look like a fish
Ties with scenes of elk and wolves on them
Dream catcher ties
Roses, avoid roses
Simpsons ties
Ties with sport team logos on them
Basically any tie that if you saw someone wearing in church you'd think to yourself, "what's wrong with that guy?...he always wears the weirdest ties...and not cool weird, just WEIRD." Those are the types of ties we're trying to avoid.
The ties don't need to be new as long as they aren't super gross (like with gravy stains), way worn out, or so ugly that a missionary wearing the tie might give a bad name to The Church and/or lower his self-esteem.
They can be old...retro ties are super cool according to most missionaries I know.
Oh, but no bolo ties...sorry cowboy friends.
Anyway, the ties are being sent to my parents' mission in Brazil where they will be used both for missionaries serving in their mission as well as missionaries serving from their mission.
Also, if any of you have other missionary clothing or supplies that you just have hanging around your houses and want to go to a good cause we may be able to take that stuff off your hands too. Things that are always needed for the missionaries are:
Luggage (doesn't need to be fancy...just functional)
White shirts (don't have to be new...just in good condition...short sleeved only please)
Suits and slacks (don't need to be new...just decent)
etc.
If you have any questions about specific items you may have just leave me a comment, email me, or call me (if you're lucky enough to have my number).
Thanks!

4 comments:
Wo, all I did was mention it, and you were on it! Thanks for the free advertisement.
Remember last time when I announced a missionary clothing need in our Terreton ward? This time I'll check Jay's closet and leave it at that. I guess I could ask the Primary kids in our ward now, though.....
Yeah, I remember the Terreton offering...I think we got some bolo ties and I know we got some of those suits with the leather patches on the elbows. But they gave a lot of stuff...it was awesome!
We wanna donate! I wish I woulda done my blog reading earlier... I coulda snagged ya a bunch of them from Nobby! (no offense nobby if you read these... just saying i saw an awful lot of ties in the room we were staying in)
Thanks for the good times today Becca.. my face is still quite a fright!
Post a Comment