Remember that 1970's LDS film "The Mailbox"? I remember as a kid they used to show it in the baptistry waiting room at the Idaho Falls Temple...over and over again. That and Johnny Lingo. Maybe they still show it even now. I kind of hope not...it's just so sad. I never have quite figured out what the point of that movie is except to make me cry. Well, and I guess to help us all remember to write to old ladies.
Anyway, I don't know why (because my mom isn't that old or lonely or anything) but every time we come home and she checks the mail (or email) and the mailbox (inbox) is empty, she makes the saddest face (see picture above), and in my mind I instantly see some old lady wearing fuzzy snow boots shuffling down a snow covered lane to check her empty mailbox. And then I feel sad all over again.
So will someone (like my brothers and various other blog leeches) please write my mom a freaking letter, or email, or at least leave a comment on her blog? Her mail-linked depression and neediness is driving me a little bit crazy!
Sincerely, Becca
4 comments:
That is such a sad show! (and yes, they still show the Mailbox, Johnny Lingo...rated #1, and Uncle Ben)
I will get on a better schedule at emailing. I can do that much better than snail mail....sorry, but it seems so slow to Brazil.
I am on my way over to Millie's blog right now.... (atleast her hair looks cute!)
Aunt Lucy, no worries...you write my mom quite a bit. I´m really mostly aiming my guilt trip at my brothers and at my mom´s blog leeches. And I`m not even being too serious. My mom will survive.
And Audrey, good to have you back in blogland!
Wow, when you took that picture, I didn't know I would look so pathetic. Sorry for the ugliness.
Post a Comment