After the Baby Boy Batt Halloween Baby Shower Extravaganza this past weekend (pictures coming soon), I got a lot of requests for the pumpkin waffle recipe. And, as I cannot remember specifically who wanted it, I'll just post it here for blog fans and leeches alike. That way you can just copy the text and print it off.
And let me just tell those of you who weren't at the baby shower...these waffles are delicious and well worth the time and calories. I highly recommend them.
So here it is...
Becca's Super Famous & Delicious Pumpkin Waffles
(Actually, it is my Aunt Jenny's recipe, but let's not get technical.)
The Waffle Part:
Combine these dry ingredients...
2 cups flour
2 T Baking Powder
1 T Cinnamon
1 T sugar
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. coriander
1/4 t. salt
Next, separate 4 eggs and beat the whites.
To the yolks add...
1 and 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin
3/4 cup margarine or butter (melted)
1 T. vanilla
Now, mix the wet and dry ingredients and then fold in the egg whites.
Then, cook the stuff. On a greased waffle iron.
Most Delicious Buttermilk Syrup Part:
(a must have)
Bring the following to a boil...
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cube margarine or butter (but butter is better)
1 cup sugar
1 t. Karo syrup
Once that boils, turn it town to LOW heat and add...
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla
WARNING: When you add the baking soda the syrup will grow about 10 times its normal size! I am not kidding. Remember baking soda volcanoes as kids? Yeah, that is what will happen to your syrup if you don't make it in a REALLY big pot. It will make a big mess all over and you will hate yourself for not heeding my warning.
Oh, and I hardly ever use the coriander in the waffles because I usually don't have it. It is optional.
Well, that's it. ENJOY!
10 comments:
I lack a few ingredients here, but I'm definitely making those when I get home.
Mil, you can make them in Brazil. I'll send you more pumpkin and Karo syrup and you can make your own buttermilk. You can still have some good things in life.
i am so glad you posted this! i remember how good they were from our byu days!
Thanks for the recipe. I even bought some pumpkin at the store this afternoon just waiting to make those waffles. Sooooo good!
I have to tell you though, the best part of the party was seeing your Mom made up like that. I am still chuckling.
I think I am an embarrassment to my mom because up until after she left on their mission, I wouldn't even try these, even when everyone was always begging her for the recipe. Maybe someday I will grow up and eat CRAZY things like tomatoes and pumpkin business
Thanks for the recipe. I always have a little pumpkin left over from cookies that I never knew what to do with. What is coriander anyway? Thanks again.
Jessica, coriander is just a spice. I think I've only used it once, so if you don't have any I wouldn't go out and buy it. They will turn out just fine without it.
I also remember making these with you when I was slumming at your place at TSDS (that school down south) - see you don't have to feel bad about staying at my place - you're just paying me back. I'm so glad you posted the recipe!!!
That's got my mouth watering. Thanks for sharing!
YAY! How funny that I am reading this post tonight -- for dinner we had sweet potato pancakes (yum! Now I must try your pumpkin waffles!) with apple cider syrup and ... (drumroll please) ... Buttermilk Syrup! I ADORE that stuff! It is straight from Heaven. Well, so is the apple cider syrup. It's like candy. No, I take that back, it's not. I'll just tell it like it is, even if I risk offending Willy Wonka, Gene Wilder, or even my beloved Johnny Depp: Buttermilk Syrup is BETTER than candy! And who knew anything could be better than candy?!?!
This post made me smile.
Post a Comment