It's that time of year for my annual
blog-delivered Christmas greeting. I've searched for just the right
inspirational message to share with you and decided that the best thing I could
do (since I'm not really the inspirational message type) is to bring you all a
bit of holiday cheer via a mini-episode of Rigby 911.
I
have a stack of crime logs I've been collecting for several months from that
great literary work, The
Jefferson Star, that have
just been waiting in all their glory for me to share them. I circled or
highlighted the 911 calls I considered to be the funniest/most interesting/most
ridiculous. They included the typical weird Rigby things like: a woman complaining
because "dogs were doing things in her backyard," a man calling to
get permission from the police to shoot some pigeons that were pestering him,
cars being ransacked, juveniles running wild, hot tubs being discovered under tarps in old sheds (LOVE shack baby!), someone calling to
report that their house "might have been burglarized" (yeah, call us
back when you're sure), and the typical collection of calls relating to people
being potentially scammed or calling to report fraudulent charges on
their credit cards.
So,
there was quite a little collection of super special 911 calls from, I'm sure,
super special people. There's no way I could be a 911
dispatcher...especially in a little place like Rigby. I would bust up
laughing at 90% of the calls...people are so ridiculous about what they'll call
911 about.
Anyway,
I decided to just share my top two favorite 911 calls, maybe favorite of all
time. I just feel they are so good that I didn't want the other, just
normal good, calls to take away from these two. So, here you go.
These are real and are written word for word as I took them from the
Rigby crime log.
12:40
p.m. Suspicious circumstance reported on 336 N. in Rigby. A resident
called to inform police that corn syrup was in the storage room in the home and
no one in the house knew where it came from.
What the what the???????? First of all, who doesn't have
objects of unknown origin in their storage room?...Second of all, don't call
the 911 EMERGENCY line. Just throw the corn syrup away you paranoid
weirdos!
and
this one...
6:24
p.m. Information given in Northwest Hamer. A resident reported that
someone is in a red parasail and shooting animals from the sky.
I'm not a fan of hunting (at all), but I think this Hamerite may
have just invented the coolest/most dangerous sport ever.
And
one more for the road...
12:31
a.m. Disturbing the peace reported on N. Rigby. Resident called to report
that the neighbors were singing loudly.
Fa la la la la la la la laaaaaaaa!
Merry
Christmas everyone! (Oh, and sorry about the singing!)

3 comments:
Love your message Becca! Merry Christmas to you too.
Thanks for the Christmas message. I found it strangely inspirational after all. Maybe it was just knowing that other people have items of unknown origin in their storage room. Or it could be that I know the Rigby 911 segments are still part of your blog.
Those are too funny! Now every time I see the corn syrup in my cupboard I just have to laugh! Hope you had a good Christmas!
Post a Comment